}); DANIELLE KEENAN: Exclusive Interview | FASHION STUDIO

DANIELLE KEENAN: Exclusive Interview

By Eva Fydrych


DANIELLE

Occupation: Model, Stylist & Fashion Blogger
City: Oakland, California, US

All photos by Tre Cole (Courtesy of Danielle Keenan)


FASHION STUDIO: When did you start your blog and what is your goal?

DANIELLE: I started my blog last September with my best friend. We originally wanted the blog to be a form of communication between the two of us but she didn�t have the time to do it anymore. I continued the blog and started taking it a lot more serious a couple months ago, when I started my job as a personal shopper for J. Crew. I also worked for BCBG Max Azria as a sales associate and that position was very similar to a personal shopper. I just fell in love with the job! My goal is to use this blog as a doorway to a styling career and maybe some modeling.


Danielle backstage at a fashion show


FASHION STUDIO: Who takes pictures for your blog?

DANIELLE: My best friend, Tre Cole, takes my pictures for my blog and sometimes my sister.

FASHION STUDIO: Where do you buy your clothes and accessories?

DANIELLE: I am not a huge accessory person because I would prefer to come home with bags of clothes from my favorite thrift store, Thrift Town. I am not one of those girls who has a beautiful shoe closet, but I have an extensive jacket and coat collection and almost all of it was purchased from Thrift Town for $2 to $5.

FASHION STUDIO: Who is your favorite fashion designer?

DANIELLE: Of course I love Alexander Wang and I recently fell in love with Issey Miyake.


Issey Miyake Spring/Summer 2012, Paris Fashion Week


FASHION STUDIO: What is the best fashion advice you ever received?

DANIELLE: I have actually never received any fashion advice. I was a competitive basketball player for 11 years and didn't pay too much attention to what I wore. Then I met my best friend, Kara Cotton, who changed my life. She introduced me to different worlds and one of those worlds was fashion. It wasn�t until after I quit basketball my freshmen of college, that I formed a shopping addiction and an unique sense of style. Fashion for me is a creative outlet. I can�t categorize my style simply because it changes everyday.

FASHION STUDIO: Could you share some styling tips with our readers?

DANIELLE: Be confident and own your look. Push your boundaries everyday when it comes to your personal style and make sure you walk around like your outfit is amazing. Don�t ever worry about what others think, because there are people out there who will support you and accept your style and everything that comes with it.

FASHION STUDIO: What are your favorite fashion trends for Spring/Summer 2012?

DANIELLE: I am loving the mesh material, pastels pieces, and tribal prints.


Diane von Furstenberg (Photo courtesy of The Inside Source)


FASHION STUDIO: How would you explain fashion blogs phenomenon?

DANIELLE: I think it was only a question of when and not how. Fashion has alway been a big part of society and an individual's life. The internet changed a lot of business strategies and has created a voice for everyone so it was only a matter of time when almost all of the fashion industry became obsessed with fashion bloggers. I think it will be interesting to see the next wave of the top fashion bloggers.

FASHION STUDIO: Thank you for your time Danielle. We hope your blog will become very successful as you have not only a good eye for fashion, but also modeling potential.


Danielle Keenan (Photo by Tre Cole)


Fashion blog : EVERYBODY DIES

_______________________________________________________________________

Danielle has also been featured in MODEL'S WARDROBE section:
DANIELLE KEENAN


Back To Top

Related Post

Stylists 6860321274485458922

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

item